Welcome to the world of Facebook groups.
In this Facebook world, there is a group for everything. Nick taught me that. He is in SO many different Facebook groups: “Bicycle Frame Building Group”, “Electrify Everything”, “Chevy Bolt Owners Group”, “Spin Space (a group for fidget spinners)”, “One Wheeler Riders (…he doesn’t even own one lol)” and “HVAC 2.0” to name a few. They can get very specific and VERY niche, quickly.
Facebook groups were Nick’s first outlet of support and comfort as his LDS beliefs were unraveling. Quite honestly, the only reason Nick and I still dabble on this social media app is because of these groups. They can be incredibly helpful and make something like a faith transition feel much less lonely.
Over the last five years, as my faith and relationship to the Church has shifted and changed, there has been a group to accommodate my varying needs and statuses. There are all-women groups. Mixed-marriage groups. Groups for believers only. Groups for post-mormons only. Groups for people in the height of exploring and asking questions. There are SO. MANY. GROUPS. I look at my feed now and laugh because it is almost entirely consumed by faith-related FB groups…with people varying ALL over the belief spectrum.
So, without further ado, here is a comprehensive list of the groups that either I have personally found helpful or know have been helpful for good friends:
- Mormon Mixed Faith Marriages
- Marriage on a Tightrope
- Mormon Stories Podcast Community
- Mormon Spectrum
- Exponent II Discussion Group (Women Only)
- Q.NOOR Sisterhood (Women Only)
- Thoughtful Transitions
- Mormon Enlightenment
- Believing CoJC Members with Doubting Spouses
- Support for LDS Women Whose Spouses or Family Have Left the Church (Women Only)
- Faith Journey Meetups (LDS Women) *Highly recommend. I started this FB group as a way to get to know other women who are thoughtfully exploring their faith and relationship to religion.